Teeth cleaning is carried out by a dentist or dental hygienist. The essence of teeth cleaning is to eliminate the built-up tartar that forms in hard-to-reach areas of the teeth, where normal daily brushing cannot reach. This procedure is good in preventing the occurrence of cavities and gum diseases.
Two most important habits that help reduce the build up of tartar on the teeth are:
- Daily teeth brushing and flossing
- Healthy diet
Benefits of regular teeth cleanings are:
- It helps in the management of oral cancer
- It helps prevent the occurrence of halitosis (bad breath)
- It prevents several gum diseases
- It helps in the maintenance of a white and beautiful smile
- It helps in the early detection of dental issues
- It is essential in the maintenance of an ideal physical condition.